The City of Unley is a vibrant and dynamic local council that provides a range of valued and diverse services to the surrounding community. Based on the city fringe, less than 4 kilometres from the Adelaide CBD, the Council engages with their community across local business initiatives, community events, arts, environmental sustainability, community services and volunteering programs.
We are passionate leaders in many fields and believe that what we do makes a positive difference to our community.
As a Senior Team Member in Arboriculture you will form part of a close team of employees that take pride in maintaining The City of Unley’s 26,000+ growing tree stock. With tasks ranging from tree planting, young tree care, to veteran pruning and tree removals, you will get a diverse range of work in a large aspect of arboriculture in an ever-changing environment.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Certificate III in Arboriculture or Horticulture with extensive experience related to the position;
- Basic knowledge in the use of smart tablets and Microsoft Office;
- Drivers License and MR (or higher) License;
- High Risk Work License (Boom Type Elevated Work Platform); and
- Work Zone Traffic Management Certification.
The role offers outstanding conditions of employment and benefits that are designed to attract and retain the best people. As a member of our team you will benefit from:
- competitive salary and conditions
- salary sacrifice contributions to your nominated Superannuation fund
- generous support for your ongoing education and development
- complimentary insurance to protect your income
- comprehensive programs designed to improve your health and wellbeing and
- a great workplace culture to be a part of!
For further information on The City of Unley’s long-term views on maintaining, protecting and expanding our urban forest, please refer to our current Tree Strategy located here
Applications should include a Cover Letter and Resume expressing the skills, experience and qualities you can bring to this position.
Applications close midnight Sunday 25 October 2020.
All enquiries will remain private and confidential and can be directed to Sam Clark, Team Leader Arboriculture on 0413 449 625.
These positions are being offered as full-time permanent with a starting salary at the senior team member classification commencing at $71,449 + 9.5% superannuation.
It will also be critical that you hold a Department of Human Services Screening or have the ability to obtain one as part of the recruitment process.