Part-time, fixed term (2 years)
19 hours per week
The City of Unley is a vibrant and dynamic local council that provides a range of valued and diverse services to the surrounding community. Based on the city fringe, less than 4 kilometres from the Adelaide CBD, the Council engages with their community across local business initiatives, community events, arts, environmental sustainability, community services and volunteering programs.
We are passionate leaders in many fields and believe that what we do makes a positive difference to our community.
The role of Team Leader Community Centres reports to the Manager Community and Cultural facilities and offers a fabulous opportunity to be part of a hardworking and passionate team tasked with promoting community capacity building, social inclusion, participation, connection and wellbeing across a network of 4 thriving community centres.
As Team Leader Community Centres, you will be responsible for ensuring the Community Centre team achieves their objectives and that centres are operating effectively and efficiently, ensuring maximum value to our community. You will operate with a continuous improvement ethos and develop clear measures of performance that can be accurately reported to the community.
On offer is an opportunity to work in a supportive and high performing team and to work in cooperation with community members and relevant community organisations to develop innovative community initiatives that significantly contribute to community wellbeing.
The position is located at the Unley Civic Centre and offers great working conditions and the flexibility of part-time hours (0.5FTE).
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant community development, social sciences discipline or extensive relevant leadership experience.
- Previous experience in leadership role within a community service/ setting
- Experience in effectively managing, developing and mentoring staff.
- Willingness and drive to be an integral member of a high performing, results oriented team
- Provide leadership aligning to COU organisational values
The role offers outstanding conditions of employment and benefits that are designed to attract and retain the best people. As a member of our team you will benefit from:
- competitive salary and conditions
- salary sacrifice contributions to your nominated Superannuation fund
- generous support for your ongoing education and development
- complimentary insurance to protect your income
- comprehensive programs designed to improve your health and wellbeing and
- a great workplace culture to be part of!
All enquiries and applications will remain private and confidential and can be directed to Rebecca Cox, Manager Community and Cultural Centres on 83725129.
Applications should include a Cover Letter and Resume expressing the skills, experience and qualities you can bring to this position.
Applications close midnight 16 August 2020
This position is being offered as part-time, fixed term with a starting salary at the Level 6 classification commencing at $93,306 (pro-rata) + 9.5% superannuation. It will also be critical that you hold a Department of Human Services (previously DCSI) Screening or have the ability to obtain one as part of the recruitment process.
City of Unley is a diverse and inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to the application process to enable you to apply.