The City of Unley is a vibrant and dynamic local council that provides a range of valued and diverse services to the surrounding community. Based on the city fringe, less than 4 kilometres from the Adelaide CBD, the Council engages with their community across local business initiatives, community events, arts, environmental sustainability, community services and volunteering programs.
We are passionate leaders in many fields and believe that what we do makes a positive difference to our community.
As a team member of the Unley Response and Signage Team you will form part of a group that takes pride in maintaining and servicing The City of Unley’s community and assets. This position involves emergency response, sweeping, street cleansing, signs maintenance and trades maintenance. This role offers a diverse range of reactive works, suiting an individual who thrives in a busy environment where you don’t know what the next day will bring.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Certificate III trade qualification;
- Experience in the operation of plant and equipment, including backhoe, excavator, loader, sweeper (MR), leaf blowers and chainsaws (petrol, hydraulic, pneumatic);
- Experience responding to customer requests and proactively resolving queries within a reactive environment; and
- Ability to undertake construction and maintenance activities including:
- Paving repairs, concrete works (kerb & water table) road repairs & drainage maintenance;
- Replacing and installing street signs & traffic management data collection devices in the Council area as part of a defined program; and
- Street and drainage cleaning, graffiti removal and street sweeping.
The role offers outstanding conditions of employment and benefits that are designed to attract and retain the best people. As a member of our team you will benefit from:
- competitive salary and conditions
- salary sacrifice contributions to your nominated Superannuation fund
- generous support for your ongoing education and development
- complimentary insurance to protect your income
- comprehensive programs designed to improve your health and wellbeing and
- a great workplace culture to be a part of!
Applications should include a Cover Letter and Resume expressing the skills, experience and qualities you can bring to this position.
Applications close midnight Sunday 25 October 2020.
All enquiries will remain private and confidential and can be directed to Phillip Lloyd, Team Leader Response and Signage on (08) 8273 8764.
These positions are being offered as full-time permanent with a starting salary at the team member classification level commencing at $69,609 + 9.5% superannuation.
Availability required for this role is variable between the hours of 6:00am-7:00pm Monday to Friday depending upon the scheduled activity required to be completed.
It will also be critical that you hold a Department of Human Services Screening or have the ability to obtain one as part of the recruitment process.
We will be reviewing applications throughout the advertising period, and we may close this advertisement before the specified date.