- Full time, permanent position
- Starting salary at the classification Level 6 commencing at $99,157.21 + 10.5% superannuation
About the role
Responsible for the programming and delivery of Unley’s capital works program, the Project Engineer will have their chance to leave their stamp on the city for years to come with several higher profile projects including the upgrade of the Unley Rd streetscape, the roll out of the Ridge Park plan, and the delivery of key stormwater and road renewal works.
The role will have a focus on delivering projects in cleaner, greener, and more sustainable ways with a focus on innovation to achieve outstanding infrastructure that will benefit the community for years to come while minimising Council’s carbon footprint.
The role sits within the Strategic Assets team that is responsible for the management of Council’s infrastructure assets from scoping and long-term budget planning through to the design and delivery of the works. Having a keen eye for detail and a drive to improve and streamline processes related to project delivery, the role will work closely with consultant designers and external contractors to deliver Council’s annual capital works program.
Being part of a smaller team means the successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of construction projects including bridges, open space, roads, kerb, and stormwater, and collaborate with the City Design team in the delivery of Council’s walking and cycling plan
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree in Engineering (civil) or similar relevant tertiary qualifications in a related field.
- High level of knowledge of the technical requirements for the management, upgrade and enhancement of civil infrastructure and assets.
- Be able to work with a high degree of autonomy in delivering capital works projects.
- Have the drive to improve and streamline processes to work smarter not harder.
- Experience in delivering a wide range of civil engineering construction projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment
The City of Unley is a vibrant and dynamic local council that provides a range of valued and diverse services to the surrounding community. Based on the city fringe, less than 4 kilometres from the Adelaide CBD, the Council engages with their community across local business initiatives, community events, arts, environmental sustainability, community services and volunteering programs.
We are passionate leaders in many fields and believe that what we do makes a positive difference to our community.
What we offer
As a member of our team, you will benefit from:
- supportive, flexible environment with balance
- competitive salary and conditions
- ongoing support for your development and further education
- complimentary access to Journey Insurance and Income Protection Fund
- holistic health and well-being programs
All enquiries and applications will remain private and confidential. Position specific enquires can be directed Russell King, Senior Assets Lead on 8273 8747.
Applications should include a Cover Letter and Resume expressing the skills, experience and qualities you can bring to this position.
Applications close 10pm Sunday 9 October 2022.
It will be critical that you hold a Department of Human Services Screening or have the ability to obtain one as part of the recruitment process.
City of Unley is a diverse and inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to the application process to enable you to apply.