Full time (Level 2)
The City of Unley is a vibrant and dynamic local council that provides a range of valued and diverse services to the surrounding community. Based on the city fringe, less than 4 kilometres from the Adelaide CBD, the City of Unley Libraries are well known for providing an exceptional customer experience to the community.
This role will give you the opportunity to showcase your exceptional service delivery to both internal and external customers, promoting an engaging and welcoming environment. Drawing on both your passion for libraries and your library experience, you will be able to guide customers through our diverse range of resources, services and programs whilst creating genuine customer relationships.
This varied role will exercise your excellent attention to detail and initiative, as well as your problem-solving skills and collaborative working style.
Along with performing dedicated library duties, this role is seeking an all-rounder to provide support to our Home Library service, deliver administrative tasks for the library service, coordinate roster changes for unexpected absences, and assist in training volunteers and work experience placements.
You will need to be available to work the current weekly roster covering 38 hours per week, every Tuesday to Saturday including some late Thursday nights, across both of our library branches. You will be working in a supportive friendly team, focused on working collaboratively with the local government sector.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Previous experience within a public library environment, including the provision of positive customer experience to a diverse range of community members;
- Sound knowledge of public library operations, aims and objectives to meet community needs;
- Demonstrated troubleshooting / lateral thinking skills to assist with delivery of effective customer experience
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member, positively bringing others along with you through your excellent negotiation skills and focus on internal customer service.
- It will also be critical that you hold a Department of Human Services (previously DCSI) Screening or have the ability to obtain one as part of the recruitment process.
You will benefit from:
- Collective Enterprise Agreements
- Salary sacrifice contributions to your nominated superannuation fund
- Generous support for your ongoing education and development
- Complimentary insurance to protect your income
- Comprehensive programs designed to improve your health and wellbeing.
Please apply online. Applications should include a Cover Letter and Resume expressing the skills, experience and qualities you can bring to this position.
All enquiries will remain private and confidential and can be directed to Kim Thomson, Team Leader Customer Experience by phone (08) 8372 5135.
Applications close 5pm Friday 24 Sept 2021
This position is being offered as fulltime permanent, with a starting salary at the Level 2 classification commencing at $64,038 + 10.0% superannuation.
City of Unley is a diverse and inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to the application process to enable you to apply.
We will be reviewing applications throughout the advertising period, and we may close this advertisement before the specified date.